Watertown Public Schools District Vision and Goals
District Vision for the Watertown Public Schools
Watertown Public Schools are our community’s first choice for educational excellence. We provide relevant, rigorous, and engaging instruction that challenges all students to reach their potential. We maintain strong relationships with students, families, and our community. All students graduate high school and are college and career ready.
District Core Beliefs
- We believe that maintaining high expectations for students and staff leads to higher levels of student achievement.
- We believe that literacy and problem solving are essential components of learning and essential life skills.
- We believe that caring and supporting relationships between and among educators, students, and parents leads to higher levels of student achievement.
- We believe that continuous improvement in the overall quality of our school district is achieved by creating realistic goals, along with corresponding systems to measure the progress of those goals.
- We believe that effective collaboration and communication among families, school personnel, and the community results in more effective schools.
District/BOE Strategic Goals for 2016-2017
- Teaching and Learning
- All students will be able to write, produce, and speak grounded in evidence for a variety of purposes and audiences.
- All students will be able to solve a range of problems, making productive use of their knowledge and problem-solving strategies.
- We will implement a comprehensive budget development plan that ensures all resources are used to meet the needs of all students and the district’s goals.
- We will plan for the efficient use and proactive maintenance of all district facilities.
- School & District Culture
- We will provide a physically and emotionally safe and supportive environment.
- We will engage in two-way communication with our community and all stakeholders, and engage them in our improvement efforts.