Vaccine Clinics for Students Ages 5-11
Friday, November 12, 2021
Dear Families of Watertown Students,
The Watertown Public Schools and Griffin Health have partnered to offer a vaccine clinic for Watertown Students ages 5-11years old at Swift Middle School Library.
- The first dose of the Pfizer 5-11 vaccine will be offered on Thursday, November 18, 2021 from 12-6PM at Swift Middle School and
- The second dose of the Pfizer 5-11 vaccine will be offered on Thursday, December 9, 2021 from 12-6PM at the same location.
Interested parents should schedule an appointment using this link by clicking here. Parents can schedule both first and second dose appointments at this link.
All vaccinations are free and open to all students with or without insurance.
It is very important to note that:
- Any student ages between 5-11 years must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Any student receiving a vaccine must have the following two forms signed by a parent or legal guardian prior to the vaccine appointment for Griffin Health’s records. (Forms will also be available on site)
3. IF parents can provide a photocopy of both sides of a valid ID and insurance card, although not required, the insurance information helps reimburse Griffin for vaccination services at no cost to the insurance holder.
Any families who wish to vaccinate older students should not book an appointment at this 5-11 year old clinic. Instead, families can go to this link to find nearby vaccination sites for older students.
Once again, interested parents who would like to schedule a vaccine appointment for their 5-11 year old can use the following link by clicking here.
Lastly, I would like to extend a big thank you to the entire WPS community and to the nurses and administrators who have been working around the clock to help keep our students in school as best as possible. None of this could be possible without these collaborative efforts.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Happenings and Useful Information
Dates to Remember
November 15 - WHS Open House for Incoming 8th Graders Please click here for the event flyer.
November 17, 18, 22 - Early Dismissal Day for Parent Teacher Conferences
November 18 - Vaccine Clinic for WPS Ages 5 and up! At Swift Middle School
November 22 - First ‘WPS Strategic Plan’ review for original committee members
November 24 - Early Dismissal Day
November 25 & 26 - Thanksgiving break for all employees and students
WHS Winter sports registration is now open. Click Here. Requirements include:
1. Sign up on familyid
2. Updated physical on file
3. See the nurse to be cleared
Health and Safety
- DISTRICT: As we did last year, the Daily Covid 19 Tracker will be updated on the main district website. Click here.
- LOCAL: Our local Torrington Area Health Department continues to provide weekly reports on: Covid-19 positivity and vaccination rates within the torrington area health district (TAHD) jurisdiction Click here for all weekly updates
- REGIONAL: 11.9.21 Covid Report | 11.9.21 Vaccine Rates
Quote of the Week
“Learning is more than the acquisition of the ability to think; it is the acquisition of many specialized abilities for thinking about a variety of things”. ~ Vygotsky