Dear Watertown Public Schools Faculty and Families,
Watertown Public Schools will take part in the new Screen and Stay guidance provided by the State of Connecticut.
It is extremely important to note that:
- Eligibility for Screen and Stay is dependent on very specific parameters and each contact tracing scenario must be treated case by case.
- This eligibility to opt into the screen and stay protocol will only be provided WHEN all parameters are met.
- Screen and Stay does not mean that ALL students will be able to remain in school if they come in contact with a positive Covid exposure - But it does mean that MORE students will be able to remain in school with the Screen and Stay option.
If you would like to read more about the Screen and Stay program please click below:
Beginning, Friday, November 12, 2021 school nurses will be contacting currently quarantined students who are eligible to opt into the Screen and Stay program to inform families of the option.
Students who are currently on quarantine should continue to quarantine until further notice from a nurse. As mentioned at the start of this message, eligibility for Screen and Stay is dependent on very specific parameters and each contact tracing scenario must be treated case by case.
Here are some important takeaways about the Screen and Stay Program:
- Eligibility to opt into Screen and Stay is dependent on specific situations. All scenarios will be treated on a case by case basis.
- Students who are eligible and opt into the Screen and Stay program when contact traced must:
- Have a signed attestation form by a parent/guardian before returning to school
- Self-Monitor for a full 14 days while attending school.
- May Not take part in any extra curricular activities (ex. dances, after school athletics, etc)
- Remain asymptomatic while in school. If symptoms arise, they must notify the school nurse immediately.
3.Will be strongly encouraged to test on days 5-7 to receive a negative test.
I would like to thank all of our school nurses and principals for their commitment and continuous support of the changing guidance to help keep our students in school safely.
I hope you all have a wonderful Veteran's Day tomorrow.