Good Morning Watertown Public Schools Faculty and Families,
I hope you had a wonderful April break. We are excited to have everyone back to school tomorrow.
Please note that the Connecticut Department of Public Health has advised school district administrators throughout the state that we should expect to see more cases of COVID-19 affecting students and staff in our schools in the coming weeks due to recent holiday gatherings and travel associated with school break weeks.
Our district will continue mitigation strategies in our schools to help reduce COVID-19 risks and remind all faculty and students to: regularly wash hands; try to maintain distance when possible; opt into wearing a mask when necessary; and most importantly stay at home if you are not feeling well.
We ask that during this time of potential increased community transmission staff, students, and families monitor for symptoms:
• Please stay home if you feel unwell and especially if you are experiencing any symptoms that could be caused by COVID-19, including:
- Fever or chills - New loss of taste or smell
- Cough - Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing - Congestion or runny nose
- Fatigue/tiredness - Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle or body aches - Diarrhea
• We strongly encourage families to use the test kits provided prior to the break if you think you might be Covid positive.
If you are Covid positive, please remain home and follow all quarantine/isolation guidelines and notify your school nurse by calling the school.
- John Trumbull School - Nurse Perez - PerezBi@watertownps.org / 860-945-1401
- John Trumbull School -Nurse Petrucci - PetrucciCa@watertownps.org / 860-945-4575
- Polk Elementary – Nurse Karlak - KarlakGe@watertownps.org / 860-945-5128
- Judson Elementary – Nurse Albino - email@example.com / 860-945-5738
- Swift Middle School - Nurse Terzigni - TerzigniAn@watertownps.org / 860-945-4613
- Swift Middle School - Nurse Dilger - DilgerLi@watertownps.org / 860-945-5743
- Watertown High School – Nurse Spagnoletti - SpagnolettiMi@watertownps.org / 860-945-5021
Thank you and we look forward to seeing our students tomorrow.